Amtrak Employment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm Matt. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to get a job at Amtrak. I've been applying to many Assistant Conductor jobs on their website for over a year now. I've never received a single response for any of them. It's very frustrating. This company seems very hard to break into for some reason. I'm only 23, so I don't have a great work history. I've had a few jobs in retail, and I currently work at a Class III/tourist railroad. I do have some experience working with the public. I mean, A.C. is a pretty entry level job. The work can't be that hard. Scan tickets, ensure the safety of the passengers, walk up and down the train, tell the engineer when to go, watch the platforms, answer some questions, learn the rules. I think that's pretty much the job. I wish I can speak directly to an HR person in Amtrak. Applying online does not seem to work. I can't seem to contact HR directly though. I'm already familiar with NORAC. I don't mean to whine, but I just really want this job. I know in my heart that I'll love it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back