Amtrak early into LA !!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caravanman

Engineer
Hi Folks, greetings from hot and sunny las vegas!

My son and I arrived chicago 19 may and took train to new orleans, overnoght in hotel and then train 1 to los angeles...ARRIVED EARLY!!!

able to catch early ier bus to LAS Vesas..been here almost a week and won 1 dollar ! (minus several hundred dollars for hotel etc!!! leave 31 may to la and then onto chicago via southwest chief ( my first time on that train)

sorry for typos am trying to beat the clock on this pay per minute computer

ED B)

Now that's a shocker! Been on #2 twice this week. First time we were 7 hrs late, second time 4 hrs late. I was expecting that though, so I didn't mind.

Now back in Chicago, arrived yesterday, Friday 2 June. It was my impression that there was little freight traffic on the Southwestern Chief route, and we were on time or slightly early at most of our stops. We arrived into Chicago early, 30 mins or so, It means this trip, the train has been on time all 3 journeys...got to be a record for me anyway.

We are now relaxing and getting ready for our trip home to Manchester, UK tomorrow evening...not sure yet when I will be back..

Ed B)

Glad you had a great time. I don't know if you have checked them out, but I do know that there are a number of charter flights from the UK, including Manchester, I think, to Sanford, Florida (just north of Orlando).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back