Amtrak DVD

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
Has any members seen the 40th anniversary dvd? I thought about ordering it. 25 dollers seems a little too much for only 58 minutes.

Has any members seen the 40th anniversary dvd? I thought about ordering it. 25 dollers seems a little too much for only 58 minutes.
I'm having trouble getting my arms around that one..........."25 dollers (sic) seems a little too much for only 58 minutes"

I guess you have to wait 'til someone wants to dump theirs on eBay or similar........

I bought the DVD during the NTD festivities in WAS but only got around to actually watching it a few days ago. It starts off a little slow and cheesy like some sort of Amtrak infomercial. Then it gets down to some more interesting stuff a little while later. It's mostly stocked with various interviews from folks who were previously involved in Amtrak's history. I liked the fact that it didn't seem to sugarcoat everything but I still would have preferred a bit more meat to the story. If you enjoy one-way interview style content then I would guess you'll enjoy the movie. If you want more detailed content then I would probably recommend the recently released book over the DVD. The folks who do the speaking sound like they know what they're talking about and I learned a few things here and there, but it's not exactly riveting edge-of-the-seat stuff. Personally I think they could have done quite a bit better for what boils down to a $25 promotional video.

Aloha

$25 is not much for a low volume edition DVD. Considering what it takes to produce an hour of finished video and duplication cost I expect that that is the cost, Atrak is not making a profit..

I got it at the train display at Baltimore this weekend (met Tracktwentynine up there on Saturday and then the wife wanted to go on Sunday and saw Rafi up there).

Pretty decent, worth the $$ in my book (speaking of books, I got the DVD/Book combo for $40, I haven't dug into the book too deeply yet).

I do wish that the DVD contained some of the old Amtrak TV commercials that were a part of the museum display, some of them are fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone who has it please upload it to youtube, since they're not making a profit I'm sure they won't mind. :lol:

Someone who has it please upload it to youtube, since they're not making a profit I'm sure they won't mind. :lol:
Piracy is stealing someones creative work whether or not they make a profit. The copyright holder is the only one to give permission for their work distribution.

Aloha

I got the DVD, and it's kinda mixed for me.. I was hoping for more video of Amtrak and other stuff. Guess I could of lived with out it..

The book been great so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back