Amtrak Assistant Conductor's Exam

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would mean that if the top 10 people got between a 65 and 75%, then some very poor performers would be offered jobs.
Or the test was unusually difficult that time around.

"Please design a quantum filter, such that anti-protons would be able to pass thru the H-bedroom, but a coach class anti-neutron will be blocked from entering a sleeping car."

"Please design a quantum filter, such that anti-protons would be able to pass thru the H-bedroom, but a coach class anti-neutron will be blocked from entering a sleeping car."
The quantum filter must already exist. I've had anti-protons accidentally try to pass thru my H-beedrooms when my door has been open and they wind up passing through the same door from which they entered. I do have to say though that they're usually polite, apologizing for their intrusion! I just say "that's OK" and have a little chuckle over it! By the way, it's happened on both a Superliner and a Viewliner with the Viewliner being more suseptible to such intrusions! :huh: :unsure: :lol:

Just found out today that I did infact pass the test! Next step is the interview!
I take my test tomorrow and I am like you were, nervous. Did you ever find out what they consider passing? Or how many questions are on the test?They are only hiring 5 people here in Florida. Any help you could give me would be great. Oh and what is the math section about?

I just want to know if any one knows what is expected in detail if so, on the Assistant Condutor exam for amtrak New York. Can any one tell me more about it? I am trying to prepair the best way I know how I have an exam in a week.

Do they really start you off with $15.00 hr? <_<
Did you get any reply from anyone? I also like to know the details since I am about to have the exam. I am wondering what kind of test, what is consist of and what levels?

How many questions and the time limit?

I am dying to know quickly possible, ya.

Thats a job I would love, Amtrak conductor. My parent's would probably crucify me- they want me to be a lawyer, a doctor, a stock analyst. Sure I could do those things (damned well, too) but I'd hate them. I think I'd be a bit grouchy to do that job well, but I'd sure love the work. Lot of responsibility, but never boring.

It happens to me the same... Im pursuing career in any railroad company and my dad will always be an obstacle... of course I dont tell him what I do... I do my moves secretly....

I took that exam about 2 years ago when considering a conductor position out of Milwaukee.I'm not sure what passing is, but I got a call back 2 days later from some guy in Chicago who said "you passed with flying colors, and we'd like to see you down here later this week for an interview".

Is it still the test that was obviously written in the 1980's and asks questions about Slumbercoaches? (I'M SERIOUS!)

I aced the interview and got an offer, but didn't take it for a number of reasons:

1. Less pay than I make now

2. Don't really want to go to Delaware for 3 months

3. Don't really want to work or be on-call 6 days a week with only 1 day off

4. Don't like the whole extra-board thing... as the guy said... you could be on it for 10 days or 10 years

5. Like my current work schedule (FRI-SUN off every week)

6. I have 4 weeks vacation at my current job and dont want to give that up

and most of all, I'm afraid I'd lose my love of riding as a passenger. When I told a conductor friend of mine I was going to apply... he was like "Are you sure? You're not likely to be a big railfan after you work out here." I was like... YES I WILL BE!

Then he asked... "Do you hang around the TV station you work at on your day off?"... And I was like... HELL, NO. Then he was like... Exactly. "You're not going to want to ride trains for fun on the 1 day off a week you have".

Yeah, and that really got me thinking.

I think if I was laid off from my current job, I'd apply in a heart beat. OR if they had more of a communications or PR job I would definetly apply, but not a conductor -- I don't think I'm cut out for it.

RT
If I might ask - given all the reasons you did not take the job, why in the world did you ever apply? You must have known these were the basic requirements of the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back