Amfleet II Number Changes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewliner

Engineer
I was checking OTOL, and noticed on the Roster Amfleet II Coach #26053 wasn't on there, but Three Cars were listed for capacity for 55. They're # 26020, #26026 and #26049. Can anyone explain this?

Click Here and see what I mean.

Amfleet said:
It could be that they are refurbishments or overhauls that are getting renumbered. I'll e-mail HaRRy Sutton and see what's up.
I wonder why the 4 seat Reduction and what happened to 26053? Thanks.

Amfleet said:
It could be that they are refurbishments or overhauls that are getting renumbered. I'll e-mail HaRRy Sutton and see what's up.
E-mail David Warner -- he's the one responsible for the equipment roster part of OTOL.

Already did on Snuday. He said four seats were removed for the addition of a handicap accessible restroom. I also ask him in my reply if other cars were getting this "treatment" so I'm still wating to here back on that. :)

I know what happened to 26053. When 26053 went in for its 180 inspection (and subsequent painting to Phase VI or whatever you prefer to call it) the number was changed to 25053. It was pretty easy to tell when I found the car, first I noticed the baggage rack in the rear of the car, and then I also could see where the 6 had been scraped off the car and the 5 put in its place. What happened to the original 25053 I don't know, it might have been scrapped in an accident. I'll see if I can get it looked up on ARROW.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate your willingness to answer my question. But if 26053 is now 25053 then the roster is wrong capacity-wise.

B-51 what your saying dose not make sense. Your saying 26053 became 25053. It would be the other way around, 25053 became 26053. This comes from the roster at OTOL and as I stated in my post above I even e-mailed David Warner who made up the roster.

So we can only assume its now either 26020, 26026, or 26049. Thats the only other logical conclusion that can be made judging by the roster.

Amfleet, I do know how to read, the number is what I have reported. There are a number of Amfleet II coaches that don't have 59 seats. I believe two of them are 25062 and 25005, which both have two handicap restrooms. In order to acomplish this they had to remove a row of seats to create the room for the second handicapped restroom. I know this for a fact because for a period of about a month this summer 25062 showed up on the Meteor every Tuesday which was my regular day. Every single week the TA would get annoyed because he tried to seat 59 people in a 55 seat coach.

It still does not make sense. David Warner in whom I e-mailed regarding the numbering just replied saying that it is possible all the refurbishments are getting renumbered and as the more cars get refurbished they will be renumbered.

I also don't need your "I know how to read" comment.

Well... Since the topic has been unearthed,

The 26000 series Amfleet 2 Buisiiness class cars are all ex 25000 series Amfleet 2 coaches. i beleive gunn has voiced some intent to convert them all back to normal 25000 series cars.

Acording to OTOL, at the moment there are 6 Buisiness class amfleet 2s, 26020, 26024, 26026, 26032, 26067, 26108

funny that only 2 are the same...

BTW... what would the second wheelchair restroom look like?

i would think it would have to be shorter like in the capstone rebuilds, so the wheelchair could access the restroom.

Back