Airlines 'playing chicken' with passengers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough is enough with the "extra fees" - that's why I hardly fly anymore!
ohmy.gif
What I don't get about the story is that the airline changed the aircraft to a BIGGER aircraft, and they still count find 3 seats together?
blink.gif
Say the original aircraft had 120 seats and the new aircraft has 170 seats. Shouldn't the airline first reaccommodate the original passengers before they sell the additional 50 seats?
huh.gif

I could understand it like if Amtrak bad ordered a car or sleeper on today's train, but this flight was well into the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough is enough with the "extra fees" - that's why I hardly fly anymore!
ohmy.gif
What I don't get about the story is that the airline changed the aircraft to a BIGGER aircraft, and they still count find 3 seats together?
blink.gif
Say the original aircraft had 120 seats and the new aircraft has 170 seats. Shouldn't the airline first reaccommodate the original passengers before they sell the additional 50 seats?
huh.gif

I could understand it like if Amtrak bad ordered a car or sleeper on today's train, but this flight was well into the future!
When a story like this is posted about Amtrak, we all suspect it is a load of crap. Well, I suspect this is a load of crap.

Ok, I'll take a guess at what happened: The seat assignments got switched around and they got slapped with a change fee. It seems like a "classic" corporate autopilot incident gone a bit bad.

Ok, I'll take a guess at what happened: The seat assignments got switched around and they got slapped with a change fee. It seems like a "classic" corporate autopilot incident gone a bit bad.
What happened was that the original seat assignments got thrown out due to the change of gauge, and the only way to get the family together again (within the system) was to use paid choice seat. This sort of thing happens all time and is usually worked out without involving the new media. I had that happen with my wife and me, and we simply worked it out on board. No big deal. We did not call NBC.

What happened was that the original seat assignments got thrown out due to the change of gauge, and the only way to get the family together again (within the system) was to use paid choice seat. This sort of thing happens all time and is usually worked out without involving the new media. I had that happen with my wife and me, and we simply worked it out on board. No big deal. We did not call NBC.
Like I said, it seems like they just got a bad supervisor...they probably went into a panic at the prospect as well, so we got this.

As far as the bigger plane goes, I suspect it was changed from a MD-82/83, 737, or 757 which all have three seats together by the window to a 767 with a 2-3-2 confinguration so all the seating assignments were messed up.

I've always been an AA fan, but if this is real I'm not gonna be happy.

Back