ACES Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that ACES tickets are sold through Amtrak. Even though it's NJT service's would I be rewarded points for the price of the ticket?
No.

Amtrak is providing ticketing service to NJT under contract. But, unlike the NJ Transit Atlantic City Service out of Philadelphia, the ACES service is not bookable with an Amtrak itinerary and not considered an Amtrak connecting service. So, ACES purchases will not earn AGR points.

I know that ACES tickets are sold through Amtrak. Even though it's NJT service's would I be rewarded points for the price of the ticket?
No.

Amtrak is providing ticketing service to NJT under contract. But, unlike the NJ Transit Atlantic City Service out of Philadelphia, the ACES service is not bookable with an Amtrak itinerary and not considered an Amtrak connecting service. So, ACES purchases will not earn AGR points.
Would you still get double AGR points if you pay with your AGR MasterCard, since from Chase's perspective, it's an Amtrak purchase?

Would you still get double AGR points if you pay with your AGR MasterCard, since from Chase's perspective, it's an Amtrak purchase?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that you'd get points that way, as Chase would have no way of knowing that Amtrak isn't actually getting that money. They only see Amtrak as the vendor for the charge, so they should pay double points.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that you'd get points that way, as Chase would have no way of knowing that Amtrak isn't actually getting that money. They only see Amtrak as the vendor for the charge, so they should pay double points.
You're "pretty sure"... but would you bet money on it? That's the whole point of the ACES train, after all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're "pretty sure"... but would you bet money on it? That's the whole point of the ACES train, after all! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not a gambling man, so I guess I'll never find out...either way! :lol:

Back