2 Millionth AGR Member Promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my segments have already posted as well, and I'm just waiting for the Summer and Bonus Points, which should post in time. I understand tickets, at least for my area, are all cleared through San Antonio.

WTH?!?

I'm having the same problem as some of you! My trip on #67 posted as taking place on the 19th! Even though this train originated in Boston on the evening of the 19th, my ticket and travels were dated on the 20th.

I had a bad worry this would happen. SIGH! Guess I have to try to contact them!

Mine posted for the outbound trip from AUS-TPL but not for the return from TPL-AUS,six hour turnaround?Maybe they are so flooded with Bonus point riders(lets hope not!)they are only doing one way first or else the traveler has them behind since generations have lived and died since he got off his never ending tour of America!LOL

Both my segments have already posted as well, and I'm just waiting for the Summer and Bonus Points, which should post in time. I understand tickets, at least for my area, are all cleared through San Antonio.
Well that splains that in my part of the world,its so HOT that everyone is on siesta! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the travel date for my trip is shown as 8/19 like the OP,is AGR trying to short us?

Last edited by a moderator:
The regular points for my trip on the 20th just posted -- dated the 18th. D'oh. I suppose I'll have to try to get them to fix it. Ordinarily that wouldn't be an issue, but since it's a one day promotion....

Same here. I did a round trip and one way posted as the 20th and the return posted as the 21st. Can't they get anything right??? :angry:
There are two columns. A post date and a travel date...the travel date is towards the right hand side. It matters not what the post date shows, as long as the travel date is 8/20. :)

I am looking at the travel date. It says I took one trip on the 20th, and my return trip on the 21st, even though both were on the 20th.

I'm wondering, if you *did* take two trips that day, if they would give you the bonus points *twice*? I guess I'm cool because one of my trips is showing that I did travel on the 20th, so I should be included when they run their computer program to sweep/validate all the elligible members for the 2 million points. But serious question, what if both of my trips had posted correctly as the 20th? Would I be double counted, and also receive double the bonus points?

Mine posted for the outbound trip from AUS-TPL but not for the return from TPL-AUS,six hour turnaround?Maybe they are so flooded with Bonus point riders(lets hope not!)they are only doing one way first or else the traveler has them behind since generations have lived and died since he got off his never ending tour of America!LOL
Jim,

That's not surprising at all. Your southbound ticket went right along with the train to San Antonio, one of the processing centers, and it got there the same day you rode the train. Your northbound ticket stayed on the train all the way to Chicago, one day later, before it got turned in. And I'm not sure if Chicago is one of the places where they process the tickets. If it's not, then the tickets had to be shipped to a processing center.

But no matter how you slice it, your southbound ticket was at least a two day head start on getting processed.

I'm wondering, if you *did* take two trips that day, if they would give you the bonus points *twice*? I guess I'm cool because one of my trips is showing that I did travel on the 20th, so I should be included when they run their computer program to sweep/validate all the elligible members for the 2 million points. But serious question, what if both of my trips had posted correctly as the 20th? Would I be double counted, and also receive double the bonus points?
According to the T&C each person will count as one person and will get only one bonus, without regard to the number of actual trips you took on the 20th. So if one trip is right and the other is wrong, no point in worrying about it.

Of course one never does know what will happen when they really do the work, but again that's what the T&C states.

There are two columns. A post date and a travel date...the travel date is towards the right hand side. It matters not what the post date shows, as long as the travel date is 8/20.
If you look at the details, you can also catch the issuance date on the ticket.
I used my ticket issued on the 20th the day before. If I only knew how this time travel worked....

BINGO, my return from Balt to BWI just posted the 100 miles.......

Along with 377 "Amtrak Guest Rewards" bonus miles for promotion date 8/20/09............KIDDING!

Back