Pregnant on Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about Amtrak, but at the hotel I work for if you get plastered and mess up the room, you're going to get a bill. We had one lady who left the water running in the bathtub all night and flooded four rooms....

On the other hand, someone who is genuinely ill and has an accident; well, that comes with the territory. But our housekeepers do appreciate tips.

They would normally close off the room for future use in these circumstances, which means downgrades. That also gets under the skin of the next group of riders.
You know, March isn't the busiest time of year for business on the Zephyr. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't empty rooms available for the person who had booked that particular room. Not to mention rooms in the transdorm. Sure, it's possible, but things do happen when you travel. Why the immediate assumption that Amtrak is out to do whatever it takes to screw over passengers?

Back