Cafe on the Star gets 5 stars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the other end of the service quality, I sent a compliment on the official employee email compliment form to Amtrak about the wonderful café attendant on 92. I wish I had gotten the name of the man on 91, because I should have sent one in for him as well.
I agree but didn’t get the name either.

Getting back to the original topic,my one trip on the Star last ear was disappointing as far as food was concerned.The only reason for taking the Star was convenience of time. return was on Meteor.

Unless, we are going to Tampa, we always take the Meteor. We find the time convenient for us.

I've seen a few with headphones, but since the Cell Phone exploded onto the scene, I see lots of OBS hanging out in the Diner and Cafe glued to their phones.( IINM this is against the rules?)
Are we talking on or off duty? If off duty, I'd let it go. If on duty, but on break I'd tend to let it go, but it is technically against the rules. No offense to those who have previously questioned if it would be okay to sit in the crew lounge, and I know this off topic, but this would be a prime reason of why the crew needs to have a personal space where passengers can't go.

I've seen a few with headphones, but since the Cell Phone exploded onto the scene, I see lots of OBS hanging out in the Diner and Cafe glued to their phones.( IINM this is against the rules?)
Are we talking on or off duty? If off duty, I'd let it go. If on duty, but on break I'd tend to let it go, but it is technically against the rules. No offense to those who have previously questioned if it would be okay to sit in the crew lounge, and I know this off topic, but this would be a prime reason of why the crew needs to have a personal space where passengers can't go.
I agree  that staff needs privacy when off duty Triley, but the "Lounge Lizard "OBS that hang out in the Diner and Cafe I've seen aren't on breaks.

I've even seen them using them in the Diner while camping out @ tables while Passengers stand and wait to be seated.( the Chicago based staff seem to be the ones who do this the most. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on the Star tomorrow leaving Fort Lauderdale up to DC. The difference in price was $30 more for the Meteor. Only reason Im on the Star is because the Meteor leaves too early. Has the lounge car food improved in the last few months?

I agree OBS need a private place to have a break. I spend most of my time in the kitchen when I'm on duty where you can get away with more. Generally after we finished meal service we all sat on milk crates near the open diner door.

Back