Condiments in the diner?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayezee

Train Attendant
I'm taking the Silver Meteor in Mayour and will be having breakfast in the diner. Just curious if Amtrak usually has some type of hotels sauce on hand.

What are the ingredients in hotels sauce?
You'd have to ask your room service waiter.
smiley_7.gif

Hotel sauce is short for hot eel sauce. A variety of spices is added to eels to marinate them; this mixture is then liquified into a sauce.

All the finest restaurants serve this on request. Amtrak should follow suit, at least at breakfast.

I've seen it brought out on request, not sure if it is company issue, or someone taking a chance by doing something nice (and sensible, since it is a pretty popular item) If it is "private stock", that would lead me to up my gratuity.

I thoroughly enjoy my Hot Sauces and quickly discovered there is often only 1 bottle of Tabasco in the Diner; so it may take a few minutes to have it show up at your table. Of course as was discussed in another thread a few months ago, feel free to bring your own favorite sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tabasco sauce is usually provided, but in limited quantities. Usually, our Superliner diner carried about 1-3 small bottles. Tobacco sauce for the inventor of auto correct. If you have a personal favorite, nobody will complain if you bring your own.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back