Cascades 517 (9/15) delayed due to very late Canadian?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
I understand that the westbound Canadian was very late due to a freight derailment, and didn't arrive in Vancouver until 5:30pm. statusmaps.net says that Cascades 517 left Vancouver on time at 5:45, but the train is now listed as 50 minutes late approaching Bellingham. Does anyone know if they held 517 for passengers from the Canadian?

Don't know the specific answer to your question, but there's a general Service Advisory for delayed trains

between SEA and VAC through mid-October. I suspect it's unlikely they held the train for connecting passengers,

as those passengers would have had to clear immigration in VAC, etc. I mean, it's possible...but do VIA and

Amtrak ever talk to each other about these things? Would the Cascades crew have known (or cared) about

potential connections. (That being said, under normal circumstances, this should be a very safe connection.)

Seems more likely to me that the train got held up for trackwork. 517 is operating under a revised schedule

right now, so even with the delay, the arrival into SEA was only 24 minutes late.

517 is very slow stop and go between Vancover and Mount Vernon at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back