Service Disruption on EB (9/4)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carjaq

Woke up at 5AM on train 8 to find out we are not yet in GFK after leaving DVL only 45 min. late. Crew said we are behind a freight and waiting for a northbound freight from FAR and there were "crew issues." It's going to be a long trip to CHI. Back to bed! No Amtrak problem here, just BNSF.

Now over 7 hours late.....
Call Cuss-tomer Service when you are back home and tell them how much this has inconvenienced you. This should help you get a big credit for future Amtrak travel. You can then use some of the credit to stock up on the things once offered to passengers, plus drinks in the cafe when you are really late on the next trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another fun filled day of delays on the hi-line.
I've seen long trains of empty grain cars heading west, so I'm looking forward to even bigger traffic-related delays on my Hi Line trip next month as grain shipments ramp up. There's only so much toothpaste you can push through the tube.

The previous #8 (9/01) arrived at CHI yesterday "only" 1 hour and 8 minutes late. So it is possible now for #8 to do better than getting into Chicago 3, 4, 5, 8 hours late. This #8(9/02) was doing pretty well until the almost 7 hour delay, but it is now a good bet to get to CHI after midnight.

#8 Now over 8 hours late. Anyone know exactly what happened to drop 8 hours in ND? This sucker isn't getting into CHI until the wee hours of Sept 5th now.

:-((

I've seen long trains of empty grain cars heading west, so I'm looking forward to even bigger traffic-related delays on my Hi Line trip next month as grain shipments ramp up. There's only so much toothpaste you can push through the tube.
What I hear from ND is -- that those grain empties will - at last - ship last year's harvest to make room for this year's grain harvest - which will then wait a year or so before it can possibly be shipped by rail. Luckily hard red and amber durum keep fairly well year-to-year.

But the backlog is there, and the track improvements are barely keeping up with the oil surge and the high-revenue intermodal. Meanwhile Xcel has been complaining that the coal reserves at its power plants are dangerously low, and wanting the coal to get through the bottleneck (1500 miles is a loooooong bottleneck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back