Chicago is now innovating new ways of screwing up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with TO. There's a lot of good stuff on there. I just tend to stay away from the passenger section because it's filled with the same complaints over and over. There are only so many "Boardman only cares about the NEC" and "Amtrak wouldn't have all these problems if they didn't retire the F40s so quickly!" posts I can read in a day.
I also have no problem with TO - in general -

Near-real-time reports - not fact-checked - good.

Stale quasi-political BS - not so much. Not that I read TO much these days - places I want to go and people to see - etc - takes most of my time. Unconfirmed tech background still valuable to me, but not so much as when I was younger.

The 448 from last night came through Worcester in the last half hour. I just stepped outside to wave to it as it passed me (I'm between WOR and FRM).

Sad.

And of course this morning it is sharing tracks with multiple MBTA trains.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem paying for forum access but it seems pretty clear to me that they're not using the money to make the place look any nicer. Still stuck in the painfully haphazard 1990's design era and hurts my eyes to look at it. I have zero interest in paying for them to host train spotting videos I'm never going to watch. That being said there have absolutely been times when the AU forum was rubbed the wrong way and circled the wagons around Amtrak even when it wasn't warranted.

Holy schmoly!

Well, I suppose that explains why 449 departed BOS over five hours late today. (I took my uncle down to SPG in plenty of time for the scheduled 2:15pm departure, whereupon the station agent told us the train wouldn't even leave BOS until 4:00pm at the earliest. I assume this was the earliest legal departure time due to mandated crew rest... and then at that point, 449 is so off-schedule that it just gets worse and worse due to MBTA and freight interference, I suppose.)

In this sort of situation, what happens to 49 (which departed NYP on time today)? Do they always hold it in ALB until 449 arrives (no matter how late 449 is), or do they sometimes send 49 out on time (without 449 attached) so 49 stays in its slot, and run 449 as a separate section to CHI? Say, if they know 449 is going to be more than 6 hours late to ALB, as it will almost certainly be today.

Will

The 448 from last night came through Worcester in the last half hour. I just stepped outside to wave to it as it passed me (I'm between WOR and FRM).

Sad.

And of course this morning it is sharing tracks with multiple MBTA trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back