Amtrak Sponsoring Baseball Team

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
If you go to [email protected], the official website of the Round Rock Express (Texas)the new sponsor of the page and team is now Amtrak! :) The UP (old MP) tracks where the Texas Eagle runs by twice a day are right next to the stadium! During games, when a train go by,

the ballpark announcer will announc 'right on time" or 'he's x mintues late" etc.

:wub:

The team is owned by Hall Of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, hence the Express name as in his famous heater, but also because of the location of the tracks by the Dell Diamond!The team avatar on their uniform and cap is an old time steamer, which seems appropriate!

Wondering how many other teams that Amtrak sponors/advertises with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the Altoona Curve be next :lol:
I know one AU member who should think of sponsoring the Arkansas Travelers!

Amtrak might want to also consider:

Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, New Orleans Zephyrs, Modesto Nuts, State College Spikes, West Virginia Power, Ashville Tourists, Birmingham Barons, Winston-Salem Dash, or my favorite, the Great Lake Loons.

Amtrak advertises at the Wilmington (Delaware) Blue Rocks stadium, and you can watch the Northeast Corridor trains from the seats on the first base side. Always a nice diversion when the team is losing.

Watching games on tv, I've noticed Amtrak ads at quite a few major league stadiums, including Washington, New York, and L.A.

Amtrak advertises at the Wilmington (Delaware) Blue Rocks stadium, and you can watch the Northeast Corridor trains from the seats on the first base side. Always a nice diversion when the team is losing.

Watching games on tv, I've noticed Amtrak ads at quite a few major league stadiums, including Washington, New York, and L.A.
And a number of hockey venues too

laugh.gif

No go, but I would sponsor the KIN Travelers. Only problem is that KIN would have to get a ball team first! But if they put a baseball on the AE, it would really be a fast ball! (or maybe a highball!)
mosking.gif

Could the Altoona Curve be next :lol:

Amtrak might want to also consider:

Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, New Orleans Zephyrs, Modesto Nuts, State College Spikes, West Virginia Power, Ashville Tourists, Birmingham Barons, Winston-Salem Dash, or my favorite, the Great Lake Loons.
Are the Great Lake Loons the area politicians that are opposed to rail around Lake Country? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see Acela ads all the time in the New York market. I caught the tail end of a LD ad the other night. Has anyone else seen it?

Bill J

If you go to [email protected], the official website of the Round Rock Express (Texas)the new sponsor of the page and team is now Amtrak! :) The UP (old MP) tracks where the Texas Eagle runs by twice a day are right next to the stadium! During games, when a train go by,

the ballpark announcer will announc 'right on time" or 'he's x mintues late" etc.

The team is owned by Hall Of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, hence the Express name as in his famous heater, but also because of the location of the tracks by the Dell Diamond!The team avatar on their uniform and cap is an old time steamer, which seems appropriate!

Game time at Dell Diamond is usually 7pm. When on time the TE passes by around 5:50 pm so it would seem to be too early to make an annoucement about the train.

I can just hear the PA "Here comes the Texas Eagle, running 2 hours late today!"

The northbound TE goes by around 10AM so they could make an annoucement for the grounds crew.

Game time at Dell Diamond is usually 7pm. When on time the TE passes by around 5:50 pm so it would seem to be too early to make an annoucement about the train.

I can just hear the PA "Here comes the Texas Eagle, running 2 hours late today!"

The northbound TE goes by around 10AM so they could make an annoucement for the grounds crew.
Stan they do it for freights also, the "first train of the night is usually a slow UP hog, I think the announcer might have a scanner, he seems to consistently to do this every time Ive been to games! (perhaps 75??)But youare correct about the eagle, only the usually late #21/#421 comes by during games! ;)

I believe there is a minor league ballpark in CT that is sponsored by amtrak - or at least has lots of amtrak ads on it. You can see the park from the tracks and I noticed it the first time on my last trip on the NE regional, when I took the train from Hartford all the way to NYP. Is there a minor league park in New Haven?

There are definitely amtrak ads that sometimes come up at Fenway in BOS. Not sure if they do any ads at the paw sox stadium in pawtucket. Have seen amtrak ads on tv when watching the sox that is for sure.

EDIT: I think it must have the "Ballpark at Harbor Yard", home of the Bridgeport BlueFish, that I mentioned above. There is no indication on their website that amtrak is a sponsor but I did see a bunch of amtrak ads clearly visible from train as we passed by.

Also on the Westwood One broadcast of Mon Night football and maybe Sunday night too(ill double check tomorrow night) they have the Amtrak player of the Game and run a Amtrak spot or 2 during the game.

The Accelarators won Saturday by layimng down a bunt down the third base track. Afterwards, the team had a wine and cheese event foir the fans; $5 charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back