Sunset Limited discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Saturday "Train Status" (Amtrak's website train #1) said there was going to be a long delay due to a vehicle incident at a crossing. Location was just outside Vinton, LA. I have not been able to find any mention of the accident.

As of 8:50 pm PT Sunset Limited Train 2/Texas Eagle Train 422 scheduled to depart Los Angeles (LAX) on 4/26 will hold in Ontario (ONA) for late connecting passengers with an estimated 2hr delay.

They ended up departing Ontario over three hours late. What connections are there in Ontario at that time of night?

That's what I would have thought (and a dicey connection that I would never book), but 11 (25) was already running over 12 hours late into the Bay Area last night.

https://dixielandsoftware.net/cgi-bin/gettrain.pl?seltrain=11&selyear=2024&selmonth=04&selday=25
I’m guessing it was more for passengers who got on before Sacramento. I noticed 11 made a long stop there. Part of that might have been to transfer connecting passengers to take the inland round to meet up with #2. Passengers from SLO onwards could have been accommodated by the Surfliner. Of course I should make it clear that this is just speculation.

Back