photographer forced to delete images

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
i found a video on youtube were this photographer was FORCED to delete images by amtrak employees sheriffs and the general public cause he did not have permission to take pics. they just didn't like what he was doing. i m not going to put the link here cause i bet the mods will take issue with it so go to youtube and search for the video buy discarted called Amtrak Employees and LA County Sheriffs Force LA Photographer to Delete Images.

i found a video on youtube were this photographer was FORCED to delete images by amtrak employees sheriffs and the general public cause he did not have permission to take pics. they just didn't like what he was doing. i m not going to put the link here cause i bet the mods will take issue with it so go to youtube and search for the video buy discarted called Amtrak Employees and LA County Sheriffs Force LA Photographer to Delete Images.
Aloha

We have had other instances of this subject, as reported in Misc, Rail Photography, there is a professional photography organization actively involved. .

After listening to the You Tube commentary, I get the sense people commenting above haven't done the same thing. The amateur photographer was, IMO, clearly out of line. This character was not a person taking just several photos or a short video, he was was following commuters and Amtrak employees for more than an hour and a half taking photos of them without their permission and when asked to stop he didn't. I would have objected, too, if he was following me - on public or private property - taking and taking my picture repeatedly. Aside from security concerns, there's the concern for our personal privacy - and the right of a private property owner - the terminal owner - to enforce certain policies regarding such photo taking. It sounds to me as if the Amtrak and police employees acted responsibly and with restraint. If you're going to criticize a group for taking action, make certain you understand what happened in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back