Location of Giordano's

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

Engineer
Since Giordano's is the unofficial pizza house of AU, I thought it would be good to give directions to it! :D

I know it is "a few blocks from CUS", but what is the best way to get there? :huh: I know CUS is on Jackson, and Giordano's is also on Jackson, but when you come out of CUS do you go left or right? :huh:

Also, how early do they open? This is important (somewhat) for those leaving on the EB @ 2:15 or the SWC @ 3:15 and want to beat the lunch crowd! :lol:

When I went, I took the elevator out 'front' of building where the cheap bus is located, took a left, went to Jackson, took another left, walked down 2.5 blocks, crossed the street at McDonalds, pizza place was next to it.

Get out of the station from the old building on Jackson, and head towards the office building over the station. You should cross over a bridge. If you don't cross over a bridge within a block of the station, you are heading the wrong way. Cross over the street and keep walking in that direction. You'll find it. More easily, walk towards the Sears Tower. You can't miss it. Its one of the tallest buildings in the world.

Since it takes 30 minutes for a deep dish pizza, you might want to call first.

I picked up a pizza and we ate it in the Metro Lounge.

Not to my knowledge, but they do take out. However, RF, I'd eat there. The Service is exceptional. I couldn't get my drink glass dry!

I looked into it. But shipping is $50! So instead of spending $50 to deliver the pizza, I'm spending $500 to deliver myself to Chicago. :)

Having grown up in Chicago, my reference pizza is Lou Malnati's. While most of their shops are in the suburbs, there is a location at 439 N. Wells, which is still within reasonable walking distance from CUS. Just head east and go 2 blocks past the river to Wells. Hook a left (north) and go about 7 blocks (you'll cross the River again). And if you walk back to the station, that will give you time to start digesting before you catch your next train :lol:

I believe you can take the 126 CTA bus right to Giordano's. I would then walk back to CUS. Do you think Giordano's would issue all of us pizza colored fez's for the AU forum get together in October? "This rail trip and fez has been brought to you by....GIORDANO'S, the best Chicago Style Pizza in the US" Maybe the would pay for our rail fare all the way to LAX if we all wear Giordano's stuff, and write Giordano's graffitti on the Superliner's walls, and order Giordano's pizza in the Dining Car. :lol: You know...just Giardano the whole dang trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you can take the 126 CTA bus right to Giordano's. I would then walk back to CUS. Do you think Giordano's would issue all of us pizza colored fez's for the AU forum get together in October? "This rail trip and fez has been brought to you by....GIORDANO'S, the best Chicago Style Pizza in the US" Maybe the would pay for our rail fare all the way to LAX if we all wear Giordano's stuff, and write Giordano's graffitti on the Superliner's walls, and order Giordano's pizza in the Dining Car. :lol: You know...just Giardano the whole dang trip!
Al;

And I guess you going to drive up in a "Big Brown" and deliver everything?

Jay

Visiting Giordano's (and sometimes Harry Caray's since I'm a Cubs fan by trade) is a tradition of mine every time I am in Chicago....which is usually when I travel by Amtrak.

I will be dining there for dinner on the 19th between SWC and LSL connection. Time permitting of course.

If not then, then perhaps June 26th during our return trip.

So, how exactly do you pronounce Giordano's? Can someone type it phonetically?
gr
amacr.gif
t p
emacr.gif
t
prime.gif
s
schwa.gif

I looked into it. But shipping is $50! So instead of spending $50 to deliver the pizza, I'm spending $500 to deliver myself to Chicago. :)
LOL

Love It!!!!!

What do you like and thin or stuffed?

Just read the menu & I'm HUNGRY!

GML,I don't care who you are, That's funny!!! :lol: :) :p

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how exactly do you pronounce Giordano's? Can someone type it phonetically?
Jeer-uh-don-o's.

Good pizza...I live on the north side of Chicago, about a blog from a different Giordano's. They all deliver, though I don't know if they'd deliver to the lounge in CUS.

Make sure you stop somewhere and have a real Chicago dog, too. Though, honestly, living here, I can tell you that the "Gold Coast Dogs" in the CUS food court is actually a pretty good example of a Chicago dog. Sometimes I stop in CUS and get a dog while I'm waiting to meet a friend at the station. Remember: "With everything" comes with NO KETCHUP and you are not allowed to add it.

I like several good slices of Giordano's spinach pizza for brunch.....then a few glasses of Old Style along with a nice Wrigley dog.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........I wish Mississippi was closer to Chicago. Its just a $200 train ticket away........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back