12,580 Miles round trip..

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caravanman

Engineer
Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to say I have had another fantastic time on Amtrak for the last 3 and a half weeks, clocking up 12, 580 rail miles, 90% in coach seats. (plus several hundred "thruway" bus miles...)

I calculate that my railpass made the cost per mile about 3 cents, quite a good bargain when you consider the price of fuel for a car these days.

Went all over, Chicago, Sacramento, New Orleans, Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, Washington, New York, not quite in that order though. This evening I am relaxing in my hotel after a day sightseeing in New York, and I fly home tomorrow morning to the UK.

Looking forward to a proper cup of tea..!

Ed B)

P. S. I just counted up that I have made 55 A4 pages of notes all about my trip, so plenty to look back on if I decide to do a trip report!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went all over, Chicago, Sacramento, New Orleans, Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, Washington, New York, not quite in that order though. P. S. I just counted up that I have made 55 A4 pages of notes all about my trip, so plenty to look back on if I decide to do a trip report!
Oh, yes, by all means! We'd love to hear about it!

P. S. I just counted up that I have made 55 A4 pages of notes all about my trip, so plenty to look back on if I decide to do a trip report!
What do you mean "if"?

You'd better, or we'll send some to look for you..... :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back