Jump to content
Steve4031

Amtrak website glitch

Recommended Posts

This was an annoying development.  I went to log in so I could check how far my AGR 2.O points would not take me.   After I signed in there was a pop up which prompted me to agree to the new terms and conditions.  I agreed.  And then was redirected back to the sign in page.  Then I was sent back to the main page to sign in.  Guess what happened?!! I signed in and had the exact same experience.  This is something that should never happen in this day in age.  I call it the website circle jerk.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this problem too. Signed in to AGR website with no problems, but Amtrak.com doesn't seem to let me sign in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iplaybass said:

Had this problem too. Signed in to AGR website with no problems, but Amtrak.com doesn't seem to let me sign in.

Same. Amtrak.com won't let me in but AGR will and then I click on the link to amtrak.com from there and I can get in that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked fine for me...I just did it to check fares on 98 in July....too high on my date.   I'll keep checking until then, but will most likely fly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only sign in from the iOS App. Still cannot sign in from the web page. I surmised that Amtrak did not want anyone to sign in from Asia or something. But maybe I should not ascribe to malice what can be explained by random incompetence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning, I also get caught in the endless loop of new terms and conditions and log in. 

If I log in to my AGR account then go from there to Amtrak.com via the amtrak.com link at the top of the AGR page, I'm logged into amtrak.com without any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another anomaly I've noticed is that the System Timetables (the pdf with all of the individual timetables and other information) is no longer available.  It was available two days ago.  After eliminating the printed paper version I'm guessing some bean counter decided even the PDF version was too costly to keep updated.

<sigh>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The website worked fine for me - although it does not list the second of two trips that I have booked.  The app still lists the trip so I'm not too worried about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, niemi24s said:

Another anomaly I've noticed is that the System Timetables (the pdf with all of the individual timetables and other information) is no longer available.  It was available two days ago.  After eliminating the printed paper version I'm guessing some bean counter decided even the PDF version was too costly to keep updated.

<sigh>

That is such BS! :angry2::angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you sign in, modify an existing reservation or attempt to purchase a ticket, you are being prompted to acknowledge the new terms and agreements, including the new binding arbitration agreement.

It comes with a click box that you check:

 

I have read and agree to terms and conditions including the binding arbitration agreement.'

 

 PRR60 posted a thread about it.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, niemi24s said:

Another anomaly I've noticed is that the System Timetables (the pdf with all of the individual timetables and other information) is no longer available.  It was available two days ago.  After eliminating the printed paper version I'm guessing some bean counter decided even the PDF version was too costly to keep updated.

<sigh>

 

It is not a glitch. It has been removed from the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the system timetable have any actual benefit compared to the individual route timetables?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, cpotisch said:

Does the system timetable have any actual benefit compared to the individual route timetables?

The obvious answer is that it’s easier to have everything in one place if you are looking at multiple timetables.  There is a convenience factor.  

It’s not a huge loss for me, though.  

I have a feeling that it may just be a broken link.  We shall see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VTTrain said:

The obvious answer is that it’s easier to have everything in one place if you are looking at multiple timetables.  There is a convenience factor.  

I personally disagree. Isn't going between multiple timetables in a massive PDF a bit more difficult than just having a list of different PDFs with the different timetables?

And BTW:

7 minutes ago, VTTrain said:

I have a feeling that it may just be a broken link.  We shall see.  

2 hours ago, Thirdrail7 said:

It is not a glitch. It has been removed from the website.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cpotisch said:

Isn't going between multiple timetables in a massive PDF a bit more difficult than just having a list of different PDFs with the different timetables?

 

Assuming it’s a searchable PDF, no.  Not for me, at least.  

Edited by VTTrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×