George K

Bye Bye Starwood....

Just got this email:

We want to let you know about a change to our program that impacts our members. After July 31, 2018, Starwood Hotels and Resorts® will end its partnership with the Amtrak Guest Rewards program. After that date, you will no longer be able to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points on Starwood stays, redeem your points for Starwood certificates, or transfer Starpoints® into Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
Edited by George K

On 1st August Starwood Rewards program is merging into Marriott Rewards Program.

On 1st August Starwood Rewards program is merging into Marriott Rewards Program.

I've been able to transfer points between the two (well, actually Marriott to Starwood, and then to Amtrak) recently. I guess those halcyon days are gone.

I believe Hilton Honors did that earlier this year. No AGR earning from hotel stays although, I believe you can still transfer Honors points to AGR.

I believe Hilton Honors did that earlier this year. No AGR earning from hotel stays although, I believe you can still transfer Honors points to AGR.

Have you actually done so recently?

No, haven't tried a transfer. I was notified about the end of AGR earnings by Hilton though earlier this year.

Yes, I just transferred, this evening, some of my Hilton Honors points to AGR so, that still is possible. Its not a one-to-one exchange!

Edited by FrensicPic

What ratio?

Edited by jis

What ratio?

6.67 HH to 1 AGR. (blocks of 10,000 Hilton to 1500 AGR) I believe you can also go the other way but, as I wasn't interested in that I didn't take note of the particulars.

I'm more likely to need/use the AGR points than the Hilton Honors points.

Edited by FrensicPic

I was just curious. I would not transfer anything since I always use up all my Hilton points at Hilton and AGR at Amtrak as is.