Sign in to follow this  
Steve4031

Private cars in Chicago union station

I returned from my trip to Detroit on the Wolverine service. I saw the observation car cedar rapids and the dome car that travels with it on track 2. It was not there in the morning. Whenever I take my points runs on park in the garage and will along that walk way. So I am sure they arrived yesterday.

I returned from my trip to Detroit on the Wolverine service. I saw the observation car cedar rapids and the dome car that travels with it on track 2. It was not there in the morning. Whenever I take my points runs on park in the garage and will along that walk way. So I am sure they arrived yesterday.

They arrived two days ago on 8. Should be leaving tomorrow or the day after on 7 back to MSP. They are in town for a stationary event. Quite a pretty penny to run them from MSP-CHI for an event in the station.

Interesting. They were not on track 2 around 6:50 am when I walked down the hallway from the garage. I clearly remember seeing all the way over to amtrak trains sitting on tracks 20-28 waiting for departure.

They arrived two days ago on 8. Should be leaving tomorrow or the day after on 7 back to MSP. They are in town for a stationary event. Quite a pretty penny to run them from MSP-CHI for an event in the station.

Is it the same event each year which they come in for?

And were they able to make the scheduled public trip on the 8 to CHI or was that cancelled due to the train running late that day?

They were picked up on 8 that day. I'm not sure who chartered the cars. 261 does a great job and can keep almost everything in house.

I know that they normally come for a restaurant association trip, and the Donneley Special.