VT Hokie

Turboliners on the move

If anyone feels like braving the cold temps tonight, it might be possible to catch a glimpse of the Turboliners on the move up the NEC as they get towed from Bear, DE up to Adams Yard in North Brunswick, NJ!

post-745-0-02945900-1515005405_thumb.jpg

'Tis a mystery. My hope would be to be restored for high speed express New York - Albany service. A more realistic rumor is that they're gonna be used for some sort of police training. I always hoped at least one would make it to a museum if they're not going to be used again.

Have

'Tis a mystery. My hope would be to be restored for high speed express New York - Albany service. A more realistic rumor is that they're gonna be used for some sort of police training. I always hoped at least one would make it to a museum if they're not going to be used again.

Haven't the spare parts being warehoused, all been sold for scrap?

Actually, I am surprised they can still move. I would have thought that their trucks would have fallen into disrepair.

According to a friend who was trackside waiting for the move.. They left the sets at Bear. They spent 8 hours trackside waiting on the move.

Don't be bashful, Dutchrailnut! Tell us how you really feel! ^_^

All in all, it is good move. As a matter fact, they should use them for all of the emergency response training throughout the system.

Edited by Thirdrail7