Guest Peasoup

Location of quiet car

If your station has the overhead electronic signs, one of the may say Quiet Car which is where the car will stop.

Second to last car. Announcements are made in stations relating to QC location.

Ah, but in which direction? When I took my WAS-NYP Regional joyride in May 2012, my business class car was the very first car on the train, the quiet car was just behind us, and the cafe behind that, followed by a string of regular coaches. So your quiet car could be either next-to-last, or else next-to-first. Keep a sharp eye out for signs and a sharper ear for announcements.

The Biz Class car and QC were moved to the rear a little over a year ago. The move was made so if a through train didn't need an extra coach to RVR they could rip it with the power swap at WAS.

The Biz Class car and QC were moved to the rear a little over a year ago. The move was made so if a through train didn't need an extra coach to RVR they could rip it with the power swap at WAS.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I'd still keep an eye out for signs and/or ask the conductor because you just never know when Amtrak will play musical chairs with the cars. :P

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.