Amtrak America

Next Phase III P32

I actually like the Empire Service livery. It's NY's dime, why not. At least they didn't get the let's b-slap DiBlasio Blue and Gold that the governor has been applying to all things NYS financed around the city. Even the plastic sticks between lanes in the QMT.

Phase III has always been my favorite. Need I say more? :D

I love Phase III, and hope that some day all LD cars are painted in it, but I just object to painting every P32 in what was supposed to be a one off Anniversary livery.

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme? Amtrak trains would look so much better if they were uniform.

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme? Amtrak trains would look so much better if they were uniform.

Amtrak serves many different states. They often have their own ideas. New York State was agreeable to this paint scheme and they paid for it.

Amtrak serves many different states. They often have their own ideas. New York State was agreeable to this paint scheme and they paid for it.

I realize that, but the rolling stock they use in many state supported services doesn't match the locos.

That would be difficult unless the states own or provide their own pool of cars( such as NC). When they dont, they lease equipment from Amtrak and it comes from their general fleet.

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme?

Because Amtrak foamers would have one less thing over which to get their panties all in a wad.

But on second thought, then there'd always be the slight variations in color boundaries or the minute differences in color on the CIE color scale.

Edited by niemi24s

Why don't they just paint every loco and car in the same color scheme?

Because Amtrak foamers would have one less thing over which to get their panties all in a wad.

But on second thought, then there'd always be the slight variations in color boundaries or the minute differences in color on the CIE color scale.

I'm dead! LOL!!!!