Business Cars on California Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Conductor
I was surprised this evening by Amtrak's business cars Pacific Cape and Beech Grove on the end of Amtrak train #5(02) as it came into Agency, Iowa just a few minutes late. The last time I saw these two, they were in Phase IVb. Now they've been repainted (or is it "re-vinyled"?) into Phase III. I noticed they didn't arranged the consist so the transition dormitory connected with the business cars as they done at least once before on the California Zephyr.

I'm wondering what executives are aboard and where they're going. They'll be in Denver the same day the Exhibit Train will be on display. If that's just a coincidence and they keep going west, I'd guess they might be going to visit the Siemens factory in Sacramento which is almost done with the ACS-64 order. Although I think they're still a few more weeks away from the very last one.

Exhibit train is there how long?. According to another site ACS-64 660 will be arriving on Cal Z Sunday evening. Would have been a great extra display.

The business cars are going back east on Amtrak #6(02) today. This train was just ten minutes late at Agency, Iowa.

I talked with a person from Colorado on YouTube. Don't know how many hands this came down from, but he said Friday and Saturday runs for the Ski Train were worked out at the meeting with ColoRail, but the Sunday run wasn't finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back