Vermonter train business class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patti D.

I am traveling to Vermont in September from Wilmington Delaware on the Vermonter train. I booked business class seats and was wondering if the car is the split cafe/business class with the larger leather seats or the standard business class seats like in the Northeast regional trains.

Thanks in advance for your help!

When we rode it a couple years ago, the BC was the nice 2/1 -cafe car, as mentioned above. The seating was at the rear of the train leaving St. Albans which was great for rear window viewing, but next to the engine from Palmer, Ma south where it reversed directions. Presumably this will not happen once the route changes north of Springfield. Rumor has it that will occur after the first of the year. I would guess the reverse occurs on the northbound trip (on the rear out of Washington.)

They actually wye the train at each end so the only place with a cab car leading when the train is in push mode is between Palmer and New Haven. Northbound the cab car has the electric locomotive just ahead of it.

So from DC to New Haven it is electric locomotive, then cab car, with BC/Cafe at rear

New Haven to Palmer it is in push mode with cab car leading, BC/Cafe at rear, then Diesel locomotive

Palmer to St. Albans it is in pull mode with Diesel, then BC/Cafe, and cab car at rear

Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back