What happened with 3(11) and 4(12) in AZ/CA?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
3(11)

* WMJ * * 2 933P * 111A Departed: 3 hours and 38 minutes late.
* KNG * * 2 1146P * 717A Departed: 7 hours and 31 minutes late.
* NDL * * 3 1249A * 940A Departed: 8 hours and 51 minutes late.

4(12)
* BAR * * 1 956P * 956P Departed: on time.
* NDL * * 2 1223A * 625A Departed: 6 hours and 2 minutes late.
* KNG 2 123A 2 133A 942A 1040A Departed: 9 hours and 7 minutes late.

Ah that explains it. Hopefully not too late tomorrow morn - I'm catching it for a conference in LA.

Aaaaaand it's going to be over six hours late coming into Barstow. At least my hotel said they'd hold my room.

Yay, I'm logged in!

It's things like this delay that makes me scratch my head when people say the Chief has the most consistent on time record.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno. I've not done an exhaustive study, checking every day, but the SWC has posted some whopping late arrivals to Barstow from Chicago over the last few years. Once, a friend from ABQ was coming in for her father's funeral, and the engine apparently just fell apart and she had to stay at a hotel for half a day.Fortunately she arrived some hours before the service, but still.

I'm taking the train because I don't want to deal with the Cajon Pass and LA drivers.

The fact that we collectively consider lateness of the SWC news worth posting here perhaps is a testimony to its normal OTP. "The exception proves the rule."

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back