#1 and #2 lateness over the holidays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

guest Gord

A few problems keeping The Canadian on time over the holidays, ice storms, heavy freight traffic..

We were 5 hours late leaving Toronto on the 21st, over nine late arriving in Edmonton on the 24th.

CN is moving a lot of freight on their transcon, dispatching was pretty good, many rolling meets but there were a lot of them. There was an hour delay approaching Calder yard trying to get into Edmonton Stn.

No major problems on board, frozen shower drains but it was -35C in Winnipeg. Food and service were excellent as always on these trains.

I see #1 was supposed to leave Toronto last night but will leave tonight (Jan. 1), instead.

Riding #2 on the 4th, hope it's not too late getting into Edmonton.

Gord.

I see #1 was supposed to leave Toronto last night but will leave tonight (Jan. 1), instead.

Gord.
I noticed that too, and wondered what was up. I'm taking #2 in February. I've given myself over 3 days padding in TWO, as I can stay and visit with my brother-in-law there, before heading home. I hope THAT is enough padding! :rolleyes: :lol:

Back