Pedestrian dies after being struck by train in Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was apparently train 516. Via KOMO:

Police say the adult man, who has not been identified, was hit at Third Avenue South and Lander Street just after 6:30 p.m. Medics arrived moments later, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.

Passengers on the Portland-to-Canada train were offloaded and transferred to Metro buses.

Pedestrian killed by passenger train

Passengers on the train say they knew immediately something was wrong. “I was in the dining car and I heard them slam the brakes on and then a few minutes later they called for anyone who had any medical background to come help.” said passenger Alicia Adamson. Michaela Abel said some passengers saw a hat fly into the air. “I think everyone’s panicking, “said Abel.

Passengers waited on board for about 30 minutes, then Amtrak had Metro buses come take passengers to King Street Station. The train had many commuters on board, so some took taxis or called friends to pick them up. Passengers seemed rattled by what happened, “Someone died. Who knows why, whether it was intentional or not?” said passenger Joan Gage as she waited for a taxi....

The tracks reopened just after 9pm. South Lander Street reopened just before 11pm.The train headed on to Vancouver, about 3 hours behind schedule. ...

That is a creepy feeling being a passenger on a train that killed someone. In face that happened on our train trip in July.

I was on the Coast Starlight #14 last night when we heard the Conductor announce a pedestrian fatality. We were detained maybe 5 minutes. So sad.

3 men struck by trains in Seattle area in 3 days
Published: October 13, 2013

SEATTLE — A man is dead after he was struck by a train in Seattle, marking the third time in three days that a train has hit a pedestrian in the area.

Burlington Northern Santa Fe spokesman Gus Melonas says the latest incident happened late Saturday near Lander Street. A train consisting of three locomotives struck a 25-year-old man who was on the tracks.

Another man was struck by a train and died in the same area Thursday evening.

Earlier Thursday, a man was struck by a BNSF train at Titlow Beach near Tacoma and taken to a hospital. His condition wasn't available Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back