Prayers answered - I got and accepted a job offer today!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
Won't start till at least Oct 10th (pending drug test and background check). Shouldn't be a problem for me to still go to the gathering other than they may ask me to start after I get back. The HR person will check with the manager on this.

:)

Sarah, I'm planning on it. :) I told the HR person after she made the offer that I had vacation scheduled. She said that shouldn't be a problem. The worse that could happen is that it may delay my start date.

Jim, as Dave said, no sales tax in DE. I think I'm too old to have to learn to calculate the sales tax in whenever I go shopping. :)

:hi: Congratulations! :hi:

Only downside is - I'm guessing you loose your 'right next to the NEC' location? Who is going to keep us 'in the loop' about happenings along the NEC in DE now? :giggle:

:hi: Congratulations! :hi:

Only downside is - I'm guessing you loose your 'right next to the NEC' location? Who is going to keep us 'in the loop' about happenings along the NEC in DE now? :giggle:
Yeah, well I lost that work location 5 months ago when I was laid off :(
When I was waiting in the room for the interview I could see I-95 traffic. I also saw a Fromtier plane coming in to our little airport. Since I like planes as well as trains, that's cool to see. I'll have to look up Frontiers schedule so I can be on the lookout. Though, I wonder how long they'll fly into this airport.

:hi: :) :) :) Congrats Betty! We'll Miss you during the Day when you're at Work! Once you get settled in, just like other AUers who Work in Offices and with Computers, (Names Withheld to Protect the Guilty! ^_^ ) we expect you to Waste Time, er Contribute to the Forum during Work Hours! See ya in CHI!

:hi: :) :) :) Congrats Betty! We'll Miss you during the Day when you're at Work! Once you get settled in, just like other AUers who Work in Offices and with Computers, (Names Withheld to Protect the Guilty! ^_^ ) we expect you to Waste Time, er Contribute to the Forum during Work Hours! See ya in CHI!
I'm on my lunch break. ;)

:ph34r:

Back