Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle #422(14) Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick note on our recent journey from Los Angeles to Temple, TX. We were in the 2230 Sleeper Bedroom E. We departed LAUS on Wednesday evening (8/14) and arrived in TPL late AM Friday.

For the Sunset Limited #2(14) portion of the trip our SCA was Patricia who was pulled from the "extra board". She had only been doing this for several years, was easy to talk to and did a really good job. She brought us our meals and, of course, showed my "appreciation" (aka: tip) for her attentive and friendly service when we arrived in San Antonio. This portion of the trip was predominantly "on time" arriving in SAS 35 minutes early.

On the Texas Eagle #22(16) part of the trip, our SCA was Alfred, another friendly, helpful employee who took care of his car and his passengers. We departed SAS on time and arrived in TPL just several minutes late.

Overall, nice trip. I've posted several videos shot from the rear window of the 2230 car here on AU. The image attached on this post is our Conductor on the point for our reverse move out of San Antonio. He is standing in the open doorway of the 2230 Sleeper (where I shot the aforementioned videos from).

IMAG0185.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Nice picture! That Conductors name is JJ, we have really Excellent Conductors on the SAS-FTW Route of the Texas Eagle! :)
Thanks....

BTW...Alfred,, our SCA was on the problem-laden, un-air conditioned TE(21) a few weeks back.
So was I, we rode a Bus betwen TAy and Austin, not a pleasant evening I assure you!!! ;)

:hi: Nice picture! That Conductors name is JJ, we have really Excellent Conductors on the SAS-FTW Route of the Texas Eagle! :)
JJ was also the conductor on #21 when we boarded at Temple on Wednesday. Now, I've got a "name" to put with the voice describing various sights along the way. I've heard that voice several times...very distinctive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back