Winter Select Plus Promo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amamba

Engineer
I just received an email and registered for this promo. I need about 1200 more points to achieve S+. I am going to try hard to hit this now, since one round trip at 100 points each to either BOS or KIN will garner me 400 TQPs.

YOU GET MORE OF A GOOD THING WHEN YOU ACHIEVE SELECT PLUS STATUS

Take your membership to a higher level with Select PlusSM status. Register today and travel Amtrak® November 27 – December 19, 2012, and earn up to 1,000 bonus Tier Qualifying Points—that's 100 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per trip on up to 10 qualifying trips that count toward Select Plus status.

If you reach Select Plus status you can expect:

• A 50% point bonus on Amtrak travel
  • Unlimited access to all ClubAcela®, Amtrak Metropolitan LoungeSM and First class lounges for you and your immediate family members travelling with you, or one non-family guest
  • Exclusive deals and offers from Amtrak Guest Rewards® partners
  • Exclusive redemption opportunities

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Earn 100 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per qualifying Amtrak trip from November 27, 2012 12:00:00am CT through December 19, 2012 11:59:59pm CT. Qualifying trips for the 100 bonus Tier Qualifying Points are one-way direct segments, with a minimum spend of $35. Limit of two qualifying one-way segments per day. Travel with a monthly pass or using multi-ride tickets does not qualify for this promotion. A maximum of 1,000 bonus Tier Qualifying Points may be earned through this promotion. This offer is not transferable, and only eligible members may participate. Register online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/Winter123 to participate. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Amtrak, Amtrak Guest Rewards and Select Plus are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

I just received an email and registered for this promo. I need about 1200 more points to achieve S+. I am going to try hard to hit this now, since one round trip at 100 points each to either BOS or KIN will garner me 400 TQPs.

YOU GET MORE OF A GOOD THING WHEN YOU ACHIEVE SELECT PLUS STATUS

Take your membership to a higher level with Select PlusSM status. Register today and travel Amtrak® November 27 – December 19, 2012, and earn up to 1,000 bonus Tier Qualifying Points—that's 100 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per trip on up to 10 qualifying trips that count toward Select Plus status.

If you reach Select Plus status you can expect:

• A 50% point bonus on Amtrak travel
  • Unlimited access to all ClubAcela®, Amtrak Metropolitan LoungeSM and First class lounges for you and your immediate family members travelling with you, or one non-family guest
  • Exclusive deals and offers from Amtrak Guest Rewards® partners
  • Exclusive redemption opportunities

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Earn 100 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per qualifying Amtrak trip from November 27, 2012 12:00:00am CT through December 19, 2012 11:59:59pm CT. Qualifying trips for the 100 bonus Tier Qualifying Points are one-way direct segments, with a minimum spend of $35. Limit of two qualifying one-way segments per day. Travel with a monthly pass or using multi-ride tickets does not qualify for this promotion. A maximum of 1,000 bonus Tier Qualifying Points may be earned through this promotion. This offer is not transferable, and only eligible members may participate. Register online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/Winter123 to participate. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Amtrak, Amtrak Guest Rewards and Select Plus are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
Hmm. They list Amtrak lounges in the promo, so that pretty much confirms that S+ will continue to have access in 2013. However, it is interesting that they do not list access to the United Club as a Select+ perk. That may mean nothing, or it may mean that in 2013 the UC access will be Select Executive only.

Am I understanding that if I take a round trip for 70 dollars (35 each way, I will earn the base qualifying points for 200 points plus another 100 points for each segment for another 200 points? Thus I would get 400 points towards select plus for next year? Right now I am 207 points away from select plus, so one round trip woudl about do it.

Am I understanding that if I take a round trip for 70 dollars (35 each way, I will earn the base qualifying points for 200 points plus another 100 points for each segment for another 200 points? Thus I would get 400 points towards select plus for next year? Right now I am 207 points away from select plus, so one round trip woudl about do it.
That is my understanding. The minimum spend is $35 as you mentioned and you can only do two segments a day (or one round trip). But you also had to receive the promo and sign up for it.

I received the same offer and terms but for Select status. The $35 minimum limits the use I am going to get out of it though, about 200 free points. My legitimate travel on the Keystone won't count and points runs on the Builder is not really an option.

Only if you got the email Steve, this is a targeted offer. Not everyone will get the offer.

I didn't get an email, but I went into "my promotions" and registered. I will say that I'm slightly frustrated...one of my trips missed the starting cutoff by 1:55, and NYP-WAS, even with the "Adirondack discount" and Student Advantage, still qualifies (it was nominally $47 while the NYP-MTR leg is nominally $22).

Edit: That said...cue a dinner trip to Richmond sometime in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email, for it in a random place, via iPhone on the Bee-Line Bus Route #2 (its covered under my Subway Unlimited so completely free extra points on my Adirondack trip) and registered immediately, going up to Yonkers where I got off the Adirondack yesterday to get another 100 points today. Right now I'm technically at 8,554 although I'm in the middle of a multi-city POH-YNY (Yesterday) YNY-NYP (Today), NYP-NWK (tomorrow) and NWK-PHL (Thursday) which will net 400 (unless Amtrak decided my NWK-PHL leg is worth $35 on a $60.30 multi-city ticket). The last three segments with 23 hours in between them, all in the morning trip (I have busy days Today and Tomorrow and no time for Philly, I'm also debating if paying $25 for the upgrade to Business Class on that run is worth it, would get me 100 TQP bonus plus 200 more (no TQP) points as well because I have a try Business Class on the Northeast Regional promotion). I'm not thinking it is not that desperate for points at the moment. I guess this means I don't need the 100 points from a Keystone points run I was planning in Philly since my First Class Acela trip will now give me 850 points. I'm also waiting on SYR-SDY-POH to post from Yesterday (another 200). All these trips (600 + 850) should get me exactly 10,004 points so S+ for next year.

I always seem to get Amtrak Promotion e-mails in odd places. I got the Spring Double Points promotion in a better place, sitting on the second of four legs of a three day NFL-BFX-ROC-SYR-NYP Empire Service multi-city ticket. This meant double points for 3 out of 4 segments on that trip.

Back