Triple points question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulM

Engineer
On May 7 I took a round trip in coach QCY - CHI. Both trips posted, each getting the minimum 100 points. But one of the trips got triple points, while the other only double; i.e., there were 3 "other earning" entries for 100 points each. The "other earning entries don't reference the trip; so I don't know which got short changed.

Is there some fine print that says to the effect that only the first trip per day gets triple, and all others double?

No! It posts as

• "regular" points = 100
  • Double points = 100
  • Triple points = 100

I'm only guessing but was one trip one that started the day before?
huh.gif
This happened to me last year, because I took #66, which starts from WAS and south on NTD-1 - thus it posted as NTD-1. But it departs KIN at 6:17 AM on NTD - so I should have received the extra bonus! I called AGR and got the extra points!
cool.gif

BTW, I had 4 postings already for the 3X on NTD!
laugh.gif

No! It posts as

• "regular" points = 100
  • Double points = 100
  • Triple points = 100

huh.gif
This happened to me last year, because I took #66, which starts from WAS and south on NTD-1 - thus it posted as NTD-1. But it departs KIN at 6:17 AM on NTD - so I should have received the extra bonus! I called AGR and got the extra points!
cool.gif

BTW, I had 4 postings already for the 3X on NTD!
laugh.gif
So there should have been 6 100 pt posts; but there were only 5.

Close but no cigar! I boarded at 6:12AM on the May 7th at the ORIGINATING station.

If you got 400 pts instead of 300, I can see where my 100 went. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
huh.gif
How did you guess? :wub: I called AGR and they claimed the QCY-CHI trip was on May 6 (double points). A quick check revealed I never left home that day and gave me 100 more points.

Back