Words of encouragement

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all my train travelers,

After the tragic train truck accident in Nevada (still feel bad for all the lives lost) and the detouring around Omaha due to flooding, what's your thoughts on when the Zephyr might return to a "normal" schedule? My brother and I have had this booked since February of this year. Planning on spending 5 days in the Emeryville area before heading back to CHI. This trip will take place the last two weeks of September. Hopefully by then all will back in order. Thanks for all your insight you may have to offer.

Absolutely. The Nevada mess shouldn't be a mess more than a couple more days, if it's not already been cleared fully. My prediction for full Omaha-operation is within a week and a half of the end of July. You have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your trip!!!

Doing almost the same trip the first part of September....Chicago to Reno and return will post up how the trip goes when we get back. Hopefull everything is back to near normal by that time.

My encouragement is this: If you have not taken the Zephyr before,you are in for an amazing experience in the Rockies and the Sierra Nevada. I have done it 4 times now and this last time i was thinking in advance, it is going to seem old.

WRONG! It was just as beautiful, maybe more so, than earlier trips. Keep your eyes open and enjoy!

There's always a chance something can go wrong - but I too think the flood and accident troubles will be well behind us by autumn.

This is our first time on the Zephyr. We have been on the Empire Builder, Capital Limited, Lake Shore Limited and the Silver Service/Palmetto. Each trip was unique in its own way. Looking forward to the Zephyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back