Winter Park, Fl. (WPK)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are few hotels walkable to Amtrak station since its in heart downtown of Winter Park and it also have Lynx buses rolling so you can go to downtown Orlando for more hotels.

The only hotel that I know that is a short walk from the Winter Park station is the Park Plaza Hotel on Park Avenue. I do not know the prices, but I cannot imagine it would be "reasonably priced" to me.

Not too far away is the Best Western Mt. Vernon Inn (on US 17-92 a/k/a Orlando Avenue). My guess is that hotel is reasonably priced. It would be a long walk (about a mile +/- west on Morse Blvd from the train station). I think that there might be a bus that travels down Morse Blvd. The Orlando area bus system is not the greatest - most bus routes are once an hour. The bus website is golynx.com.

I beleive that cabs and car service are available at Winter Park FL. So a short ride to a motel should not be a major cost. If you arrive at mid day there are some excellent places to eat lunch or dinner there and the main street where everything is located is right across from the train station.

I beleive that cabs and car service are available at Winter Park FL. So a short ride to a motel should not be a major cost. If you arrive at mid day there are some excellent places to eat lunch or dinner there and the main street where everything is located is right across from the train station.

Thanx,

Looks like a nice little trip for me from STP just to get away, change of scenery, post some Amtrak Travel to protect my AGR PTS. & whatever!!!

I'm deffinitely gonna check it out!

RF :)

About halfway between ORL and WPK there's a hotel that has changed many hands through the years. These days it's the Sonesta Orlando. I stayed here back when it was a Radisson, and it wasn't too bad. The beautiful thing is that it's literally across the street from the A-Line...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back