Will I get 32000 points or 12000?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: My first statement for the AGR Credit Card came out today and woohoo! I got 32,000 points!
rolleyes.gif
wub.gif
Now gotta decide the best way to make use of them.. since these are my first, and probably only, earned AGR points!

My update hit today, and I got the 32,000 as well, even though the link I signed up with was for 12,000. It's nice to get the upgrade without asking. I'm thinking about a trip to EMY with my girlfriend for her first LD train trip, now.

Hello,

I just received my bill from Chase which reflected 16,000 additional bonus sign-on points/first time user, I then logged onto guest rewards and low-and-behold I had 32,000 points added along with all my 1 for 1 points for my charges. No questions asked and I am a happy traveler.

ps. I should add that when I signed up there was a promotion for 32k points when I was on the guest rewards site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I just received my bill from Chase which reflected 16,000 additional bonus sign-on points/first time user, I then logged onto guest rewards and low-and-behold I had 32,000 points added along with all my 1 for 1 points for my charges. No questions asked and I am a happy traveler.

ps. I should add that when I signed up there was a promotion for 32k points when I was on the guest rewards site.

16,000 points come from Chase and the other 16,000 come from Amtrak.

That is a falacy. According to creditkarma.com your credit does not go down from having too many cards. It's for having cards a short amount of time. So instead of cancelling right away, wait until the annual fee hits. You have a 60 days grace period to cancel the card. Keeping some of you credit cards open for many years (I do the no annual fee ones) actuall. improves your credit.

Back