Where oh where is #207

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
battalion51 said:
If it makes you feel any better, one of my babies (165) is dirty, New Haven hasn't washed her in three weeks or more.
Most likely because the pipes froze up in the rail car wash (whatever you want to call it). Even the local vehicle car washes have been closed down because of the extremely cold weather. This would also explain the dirty cars comming from Sunnyside. I bet their wash is down as well or atleast was.

Well I would agree, except for one thing. New Haven engines are almost always dirty. Even when it's the middle of summer, no freeze in site those New Haven engines are always really dirty.

New Haven based engines might just be a reflection of the city they are based in. Except for Yale New Haven is a pit of a city.

Todd, if you have any friends in Chicago, see if this engine might be on train 4(15). A friend in LAX last night seemed to remember seeing it.

P42DC 207 on tonight's Southwest Chief #4, along with locomotives 70 and 87. Departed Los Angeles on time.

F40PHR231 said:
P42DC 207 on tonight's Southwest Chief #4, along with locomotives 70 and 87. Departed Los Angeles on time.
My hope is that it will eventually make it down here, hopefully before I head up to Chicago this summer, but if not, maybe it will be waiting for me :p

Well, this is an old topic, but I just returned from a trip up to New York on #20 to visit my grandfather and I finally spotted her! About 5 minutes outside of Washington, I had this feeling to get my camera ready. After about 20 seconds, and a triple take, I got my first photos of #207 :) . I will be posting the photos of #207, and the rest of the trip, here in the coming week.

How do you find out where a P42 is? Riding the Eagle from FTW to AUS, we were pulled by #115. It was unique in it had a picture a giant Toyota Tundra painted on the side. Only the tires were the steel trucks of the locomotive. It looked really cool! I got a picture of it too, if I can send it to anyone to post. However its a night photo and turned out only so I could love it.

Chris

battalion51 said:
Where was it? Ivy City?
Well we were running quite slowly out of Washington, so it was not actually that far away. It was located in the second "yard area", past where the cars are stored and near the Engine Facility. It was hooked up to #154.

134 was leading the LSL in from chicago to NYP.... AT CROTON HARMON!!!

What happened to engine 154? It was in the Kensington, MD wreck of # 30, I then saw it in Richmond, VA a few months later with a big dent in the nose, I doubt that the dent is related to the wreck since the engine remained upright. I then saw a picture of it all crumpled up after it hit a gravel truck. Will she be scrapped or get a good nose job, she's had a rough life.

Let us pray for her!

Good news, 154 is back in service with a brand new nose!! Shes out on the system somewhere doing her duty.

Usually after a major wreck (to the point where the engine needs body work before it can run again) it will be indicated as stored unserviceable til Amtrak has the money to repair it. The stored unserviceable notation is decieving since most can be repaired, but it means it can't be put back to work tomorrow whereas stored serviceable does. For full engine rosters check out Geoff's Locomotive Notes.

In Miami, we stock some exterior body parts for the locos.

Most repairs consist of windshields, side ladder replacement, 480 cables, coupler and plow. Usually have to heat and bend plow and coupler handles back to shape, replace a few480 cables and air hoses.

Last year had a few side impacts or cars pulled under the train. When air tanks, batteries, fuel tanks, etc. are damaged or torn off, they may sit waiting for parts. We also will do the repairs needed to pass FRA regs and deadhead it to Chicago.

MJ B)

I have 10 railcams one has shown it is working in the Phily amtrak yard

amtrakconductor2731 said:
had the 72-207 on #29, 12-21-04

ryan
I know 207 has been busy lately. Since I saw her for the first time about a month ago, she has been spotted on the Crescent twice. Missed her though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back