What's your favorite rail music?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The song played throughout the 30-second spot is

Yeah, having just watched it again, I can understand your impression of the song. As I said, though, the audio in the clip isn't the best quality. In fact, I'd go a step further and say the audio sucks!

The percussion is barely audible even when trying to listen for it specifically. The rhythm of the percussion is what drives the song and evokes the feeling of a train chugging down the tracks. Since that rhythm is so muted in the YouTube clip, the slow jazz/new age melody isn't supported and sounds somewhat bizzarre. I totally hear the cowboy/western theme you mentioned!

It's a shame the audio is so poor. In this case, it really distorts the music into something it isn't. If you get a chance to hear cd-quality recording, you'll hear a very well "trained" ensemble.

Listened to this Stevie Wonder number last night and thought that I could take plenty of this to relax while traveling Amtrak.

Today I went looking for more Wonder hits and found this one. Reminded me of the groov'n graphic train on the TV program "Soul Train."

I Wish

Here's "Soul Train" Theme Song called TSOP (The Sounds of Philidelphia)

TSOP

Here's a video showing the graphic train on "Soul Train."

Soul Train w/Train Graphic

Here's a few more amongst many Wonder hits that work for me!

Part Time Lovers

Sir Duke

Can ya' tell I like Stevie Wonder? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Can ya' tell I like Stevie Wonder? :p
Aloha Sky

I thought you might like to know Stevie Wonder is an incredible artist and gentleman. I worked a concert with him in Honolulu, something like 15 years ago. :)

Mahalo for reminding me of that concert

Eric

Back