What's going on with #449 today?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps, it stayed in Springfield for one hour and 21 minutes.

Trainorders says the locomotive broke down there.

Don't know about 449, but I'm on 48/448 out of Chicago tonight and at least so far we'e right on time. And equally important, we got 8400 the rebuilt Viewliner Dining car again! :)

Even better, we got one of my favorite SA's in the dining car, Alex again! Every new hire should be required to work with Alex to learn how to be a good SA! Even if they never learn how to make a serving tray dance the way Alex does, they'll still be a better employee from the exposure and example set by Alex.

Hmm Alan I guess you havent rode with me yet . See you on train 4

How many Viewliner Diners are there. I cannot stand the Horizon Diners. How many of the total LSL trains get the Viewliner Diner?

There is one Viewliner Diner and there are no Horizon Diners. The only other Diners in service are Heritage Diners. Naturally only one LSL consist has the Viewlienr Diner, so normally you stand a one in three chance of getting it.

Don't know about 449, but I'm on 48/448 out of Chicago tonight and at least so far we'e right on time. And equally important, we got 8400 the rebuilt Viewliner Dining car again!
smile.gif

Even better, we got one of my favorite SA's in the dining car, Alex again! Every new hire should be required to work with Alex to learn how to be a good SA! Even if they never learn how to make a serving tray dance the way Alex does, they'll still be a better employee from the exposure and example set by Alex.
I agree, Alex is fantastic. Had him on the LSL March of 2012; breakfast going through the last bits of Ohio and into Indiana gave Alex a very dynamic working environment as the train high-balled at track speed; not a single drop of orange juice or even a clink of dishes as he did his duties.

Don't know about 449, but I'm on 48/448 out of Chicago tonight and at least so far we'e right on time. And equally important, we got 8400 the rebuilt Viewliner Dining car again!
smile.gif

I know how you feel....

You probably haven't had the opportunity to take the Pere Marquette but, the most wonderful, fabulous, awesome Conductor is on that train - David Pryor.

People are always gabbing and having their pic taken with him.

I'm alway happy when I finally get on my home train and he's on board,

I'm greeted with a warm welcome and, usually, a hug and then, when we detrain, usually more hugs and a blessing.

He should be the gold standard for ALL conductors on all of Amtrak, imo.

How many Viewliner Diners are there. I cannot stand the Horizon Diners. How many of the total LSL trains get the Viewliner Diner?
There's one Viewdiner now. But Amtrak is building a bunch of them right now. Next year, there will be several, and within the next few years all single-level diners will be Viewdiners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back