Westmoreland Appointment to Amtrak Board

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it is more interesting than talking about a political hack like Westmoreland? And that said hack might, possibly, have an interest in sending a little consideration to his former constituents, who are South of Washington. And that this possibility would make Amtrak a bit more fun? Stranger things have happened.

I have no idea how expensive it would be to extend Acela refurb'ed trainsets south of DC, but given the relative youth of the trainsets, (17 years) it isn't impossible that they could refurb some of them and keep them running if the expense of doing so wasn't too great.

It ain't gonna happen, but it is fun to think of what might be.

You know, this whole discussion about South of Washington has nothing to do with Westmoreland. Why are you carrying on with it here?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Because it is more interesting than talking about a political hack like Westmoreland? And that said hack might, possibly, have an interest in sending a little consideration to his former constituents, who are South of Washington. And that this possibility would make Amtrak a bit more fun? Stranger things have happened.

I have no idea how expensive it would be to extend Acela refurb'ed trainsets south of DC, but given the relative youth of the trainsets, (17 years) it isn't impossible that they could refurb some of them and keep them running if the expense of doing so wasn't too great.

You know, this whole discussion about South of Washington has nothing to do with Westmoreland. Why are you carrying on with it here?

I thought you were smart enough to start a new topic. Well maybe not ;)

Sorry that my mini-threadjack irritated you. ;)

I thought you were smart enough to start a new topic. Well maybe not ;)

If some of our posters could access Westmoreland's letters to voters about Amtrak we might get a better idea..
Nevermind what he says. It's what he does that could matter.

Stephen Colbert described him as the "do-nothingest" member of Congress. (Westmoreland had never introduced a Bill at that time, not even the "re-naming the local Post Office" type.)

If Westmoreland serves as the do-nothingest member of the Amtrak Board, we can survive that.

Current members of the Board include one who used to work for Republican Majority Leader McConnell, and the Secretary of Transportation who has an extra-curricular position as the wife of record to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Arguably, McConnell is the guy with influence on the Amtrak Board. LOL. And his wife is arguably doing the least damage to her department of any current members of the Cabinet.

We have 99 reasons to worry about Amtrak, but Westmoreland ain't one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back