Western Train Journey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so much great info! I just need to work out getting away from the office and this is happening. I have a window in my schedule in late March, otherwise it might not be until June-July. It's hard for me to get away (and I rarely am able to get completely away :( ), which is why I wanted to compress the time and stay on the rails as much as I can, but I don't want to be stressed with connections. As much as I'd like Amtrak to take care of me if I miss a connection due to a late train, that doesn't help them be profitable nor would keep me relaxed, why risk it.

What a great group of people and a great response! I think I now have at least 3-4 ideas of other trips from all of your comments here and all of the other posts I am reading. Thanks for the continued help!

Well I am booked for next month! Room 010 on the California Zephyr, Room 006 on the Starlight, and Room 003 on the Empire Builder.

I have several hours to change trains in Sacramento and an overnight in Seattle. Any suggestions on what to see in Sacramento? I read somewhere here there was a rail museum if I remember correctly and that it is close to the station, any other suggestions? Also anyone have any experience with any of the Hilton Family Properties in Seattle near the station? I'm a Hilton Gold and am thinking I'll just burn some points.

I will definitely try to write a trip report to share! I've really enjoyed reading those that are posted (along with all of the other conversations here!).

Thanks again for the continued help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back