Well Wishes for MrFSS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am out of the hospital, but still recovering a bit. At first they scared MrsFSS and me thinking I had had a minor stroke, but that wasn't the case. Just a bad inner ear condition that had me feeling like I was sea sick, 24/7!

Thanks for all the comments and messages. I do appreciate the thoughts from everyone.

I had a bout of vertigo several years ago for about a week. I woke up with it on a Sunday and spent the day doing what you were doing, but was ok enough to go to work that week (can't recall if I called in sick on Monday, though). Went to the doctor and he prescribed an anti-dizzy medicine which had a side-effect of dizziness. I chose not to take the medicine because I'd rather be dizzy from natural causes than because of medicine. What I hate about my vertigo (have had mild cases since then), is that it hits when I'm lying down and turn my head. So I have to be upright to feel better. Which means sleeping sitting up. :(

Glad it wasn't anything serious and you're on the mend.

I hope your inner ear condition is resolved soon. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Had very similar episode last week. Total panic - couldn't stand up, much less walk. Even crawling hands and knees to meet ambulance at front door was scary - couldn't tell up from down or sideways.

Good news - if it's "Benign somethingorother vertigo" - inner ear condition - not likely to persist - hopefully.

Hope speedy recovery. Know how frightening it can be.

Take care, best wishes.

e

Tom, glad u r feeling better. I about fell outa my chair when I saw the hospital pix!

Your work with AU means a lot, to all of us, and ur knowledge of "all things trains" is inspiring.

Rest up, and Get Well Soon.

And in the future, stay away from those crazy dance nightclubs that are known for passing on ear infections

Back