Washington DC lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyflag4

Train Attendant
Will be arriving in DC from Charleston, SC on a sleeping car and departing for Chicago on a sleeping car. Is there a sleeping car lounge where passengers can store their luggaage while out an about in the city. We are there for 8 hours. Thx ~Andy

Will be arriving in DC from Charleston, SC on a sleeping car and departing for Chicago on a sleeping car. Is there a sleeping car lounge where passengers can store their luggaage while out an about in the city. We are there for 8 hours. Thx ~Andy
Yes, the Club Acela in DC has a storage area. It is not locked or monitored except for a security camera. It is within eyeshot of the attendant at the front counter. I've done the same thing many times and have not worried about the secuirty of my luggage left out of sight.

Yes, you are entitled to use the Club Acela in WAS. There is a room behind the desk to leave your luggage, It is NOT staffed (like the lounge in CHI), but remember that the only people that use the lounge are First Class Acela and sleeper passengers (along with some others). I have no problems leaving luggage in this room. But if I had something of value (like a computer or expensive camera), I would either keep it with me or even just put it out of site in one of your other bags!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back