VIA Deal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the deal I was talking about yesterday afternoon is gone this morning! Gotta be quicker next time!
Yep, those deals go fast and you have to grab then. The good news is they appear to popping up very regularly right now. Good luck!

It's probably best to wait a little longer. I have picked up a few more tips, bought and transfered more CO Miles for my return from VAC & done some more research on VIA. I wont have an excuse next time!!! :hi:

Another example of a berth that some "old timers" may remember is (I forget who it was) on the Honeymooners or Abbot and Costello (or something like that) were on a train and IIRC were handcuffed together and had a upper and lower berth and there were curtains in the hallway, those were "sections".

OK, Gonna take Amtrak (STP-SDY-TWO) to catch the Canadian!!! I'm booked for Nov 5th out of TWO to VAC!!!!!. Think I should plan an overnite Toronto stay FOR A SAFETY NET? Where?

Arriving on the 9th into VAC, then making my way back to STP!!! ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED, BIG TIME!

Come On Now, Dont Hold Back, I wanna make this trip - "The Big One"!!!!

Thanx All

RF

Mike & Robt. - this is your fault!!!! :lol: :cool: :giggle: :hi: :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, Gonna take Amtrak (STP-SDY-TWO) to catch the Canadian!!! I'm booked for Nov 5th out of TWO to VAC!!!!!. Think I should plan an overnite Toronto stay FOR A SAFETY NET? Where?

Arriving on the 9th into VAC, then making my way back to STP!!! ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED, BIG TIME!

Come On Now, Dont Hold Back, I wanna make this trip - "The Big One"!!!!

Thanx All

RF

Mike & Robt. - this is your fault!!!! :lol: :cool: :giggle: :hi: :p :D
I'm planning something similar early next year-- SEA to TWO on points, TWO to VAN in a cabin for one on an Express deal. Definitely overnight in Toronto. Remember that the connection's not guaranteed, and if you miss it you're going to be spending a lot more than budgeted. I figure on a last-minute priceline or hotwire booking. On hotwire you can specify within a couple of miles from the station.

I think you had a question about luggage space in the cabin for one? I'd be interested to hear what your experience is with this.

Have fun! I wish my own trip was so close.

I'm planning something similar early next year-- SEA to TWO on points, TWO to VAN in a cabin for one on an Express deal. Definitely overnight in Toronto.
Alas, you won't be going to TWO on points. AGR awards are not valid north of the border on the Maple Leaf. Best you can do is book an award to Niagara Falls, NY and then a paid reservation from there to Toronto. It won't cost you too much for that little segment, but since VIA Rail operates the train from Niagara Falls to Toronto, they get the revenue and they don't accept AGR points as payment. :(

So no awards north of the border for that particular run.

Even if you were doing a paid run, you would actually be issued two tickets, one for the VIA segment and one for the Amtrak segment.

Back