Update - Wonderful trip home!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nora_roan

Train Attendant
Well I have completed my first round-trip via Amtrak. I loved it! No better way to travel! As far as I am concerned in the future - if I can't get there via Amtrak I'm not going! I know its always not perfect, no public transit is, but I had a good time, no complaints and am left wondering - why doesn't Amtrak advertise on TV and internet?! They would gain so much business if they did! I hope to see Amtrak commercials on TV soon, it would be to their benefit! Amtrak is awesome, this newbie to train travel is beyond impressed. People are right - its the only civilized way to travel! Love you Amtrak! I'll be riding the rails again!

I'm glad to hear that you had a good trip and will look to incorporate Amtrak into your future travel plans.

I've gotta ask though, did you try the dining car on your way home?

Advertising costs money :( . And Amtrak is barely making ends meet. You, & the rest if us will have to do the advertising and many of us do.

Glad to hear you had a great time. Hope you continue visiting & posting on AU.

I see amtrak commercials on tv fairly often.

My favorite one is one that was big a few years ago - its of little kids. They are playing at airport delay, long traffic, etc etc.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good trip and will look to incorporate Amtrak into your future travel plans.
Actually no, I didn't. Am a shy little thing from a small town. The sight of Chicago alone scared me until my knees literally shook! (No kidding, you should have seen me when I got off the train for the 6 hr layover.) But I found my way to the Amtrak lounge, was treated very nicely, and eventually my fears subsided. Amtrak takes care of you! I told everyone this was my first trip and they helped me out so much. Made a couple friends along the journey, nice ladies who passed the time with me. I plan to travel again soon, maybe next time I will go to the dining car. Mind you I ordered my meals to my roomette and was impressed with the service. I love Amtrak! Never traveled better! Always hated to travel, but not anymore!

Advertising costs money :( . And Amtrak is barely making ends meet. You, & the rest if us will have to do the advertising and many of us do.
Glad to hear you had a great time. Hope you continue visiting & posting on AU.
You are right, advertising costs money. But I plan to tell any and all who will listen that Amtrak is the way to go!

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it.

I was just like you after my first trip in June 2011 - I was hooked and I'm always telling people how wonderful train travel is.

Two years later and I have 20 long distance trips under my belt and another 22 trips between where I live now and my hometown, Chicago.

Make sure you come back and tell us where you're going to go next.

Glad that you had a good trip!

Amtrak advertises on TV from time to time. My favorite AD campaign was from a few years ago and had the slogan, "There's something about a train that's magic"

Actually no, I didn't. Am a shy little thing from a small town. The sight of Chicago alone scared me until my knees literally shook! (No kidding, you should have seen me when I got off the train for the 6 hr layover.) But I found my way to the Amtrak lounge, was treated very nicely, and eventually my fears subsided. Amtrak takes care of you! I told everyone this was my first trip and they helped me out so much. Made a couple friends along the journey, nice ladies who passed the time with me. I plan to travel again soon, maybe next time I will go to the dining car. Mind you I ordered my meals to my roomette and was impressed with the service. I love Amtrak! Never traveled better! Always hated to travel, but not anymore!

OK - so you didn't go hungry or just making do with crackers and granola bars in your roomette.

I'm glad that you had meals brought to your roomette so that you have a better idea of what is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back