UOFR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
I know its a bit off topic, but I just wanted to let you guys know I got accepted and plan on attending the University of Redlands as a member of the class of 2010! Its a small college (about 3500 undergrads) located in Redlands, CA (about an hour from LA). Looks like I will be able to re-join my west coast rail roots! :D

I've seen the college, really close where my MIT graduate friend lives! You'll have a lot of fun railfanning all over CA! Redlands is very unique city due to Victorian style houses and trees! Sadly, there is no commuter rail connect to Redlands even though it's in the plans.

Amtrak-P42: Congratulations and best wishes! :) One thing that enabled me to get through my college studies was a series of videos titled "Where There's a Will, There's An "A."

It really helped me out a lot, as I had gone through High School without really having to study hard in order to pass classes. University was a very, very different experience. There were many more distractions, as well as living in the dorms (you'd be surprised at just how many people get misconceptions of others while living on the same floors as them. Encounters with the opposite sex took on new aspects, too, several of which were unpleasant, and eye-openers. Several members of the opposite sex at my school were quite conceited and misanthropic.) Good luck to you, and remember not to get too distracted.

See Where There's A Will, There's An "A." Several good suggestions are contained within.

gswager said:
I've seen the college, really close where my MIT graduate friend lives! You'll have a lot of fun railfanning all over CA! Redlands is very unique city due to Victorian style houses and trees! Sadly, there is no commuter rail connect to Redlands even though it's in the plans.
Thats true, but a short drive to San B. and I can board a Metrolink and be in LAUPT in about an hour! :D

Bill Haithcoat said:
Congratulations!!
But are we losing you as a resident of Atlanta? Will your home still be here, you just go there to school?
Thanks guys!

Well Bill, I will be coming back to Atlanta twice a year. I will be back for 3 weeks over winter break and I will be back for 3 months during the summer. When I come back over winter break, I will def. be taking the train :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back