Unique Quik-Trak question??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon'tFly

Train Attendant
I have a question about the Quik-Trak kiosk at Penn station. I booked a two separate reservations for NYP-ORL on the silver meteor with two "Kids Ride Free" coupons (basically, 1 adult and 1 free child doubled to accommodate a family of 4). Calling the 1-800#, I couldn't use Julie, so I transferred to a live agent to have the discount code accepted. Now, I got the two reservations and have to pick them up at Penn to pay and turn in the coupons. I received and email shortly after with Quik-Trak conformation bar code.

Can I just by-pass the station agents and use the Quik-Trak to pay and receive tickets?

How can I turn in the coupons on Quik-Trak?

Or, am I better off behaving and go to the ticket counter for safe measure?

In the past, the agents at the ticket counter had given me a hard time with the coupon. We waiting an hour before the agent got the okay from the supervisor. And at a different time, an agent gave BACK the coupon that was to be surrendered. Weird?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

NYP-ORL #97/98 coming up!! :)

The Quik-Trak machine will not issue the tickets, they're locked out. You must visit with an agent to turn in the coupon.

The Quik-Trak machine will not issue the tickets, they're locked out. You must visit with an agent to turn in the coupon.
Do you mean the systems are down? I was hoping to give them a whirl. Oh well! I'll get my tix at the counter then do some sightseeing! Thank you AlanB!

Do you mean the systems are down? I was hoping to give them a whirl. Oh well! I'll get my tix at the counter then do some sightseeing! Thank you AlanB!
No, I think he means that your reservation is locked in the computer system, since you are supposed to turn in the physical coupons. So it won't let you pick up the tickets at the QT machine, even if you have a barcode to do so.

When a reservation requires presentation of a coupon, the system is set-up to require the ticket to be issued by an agent. The machines will be open, but if you try to use one, it will direct you to an agent to complete the transaction.

When a reservation requires presentation of a coupon, the system is set-up to require the ticket to be issued by an agent. The machines will be open, but if you try to use one, it will direct you to an agent to complete the transaction.
Correct! :)

Furthermore that barcode isn't just for Quik-Trak machines. The agents have scanners too so they can quickly and easily scan that barcode to bring up the reservation. It saves times and it cuts down on typing mistakes that can bring up the wrong reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back