Two Million Point Promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Points Will We Receive?

• Less than 100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 - 200

• 200 - 500

• 500 - 1000

• 1000 - 5000

• More than 5000

• 0 - I wasn't able to ride on the 20th

• Total voters
It would be cool if AGR started some kind of contest beforehand where registrants could guess how many points they would receive, and whoever guessed closest got another 2 million points all to themselves.

It would be cool if AGR started some kind of contest beforehand where registrants could guess how many points they would receive, and whoever guessed closest got another 2 million points all to themselves.
That would have been really cool and it would have made for some good publicity!

I am going to go with 220 points per person.

3 more days till I go RHI-ORL... Can't wait!

Cheers

Well, it says I voted - but I can't remember what exactly. I was thinking in the ~400 or so range.

I was looking to find if I'd made an actual guess in a post, but couldn't find it.

Seems that most all of us way underguessed the points.

I'm glad I spent my $7.20 to end up with 1004 points.

I can redeem that for $58 worth of travel on a special AGR route to SLO.

Or, even more to a few other places I think.

You mean I was not the only one! :angry: I could have used 2,000,000 points! :lol:
But 804 is better than nothing! :cool:
Well Ill eat my crow (aka flat-iron crow cooked in wine sauce! :lol: ), Id predicted 400, guess not that many NE pax regeristed/rode that day which means that almost all of AUs train fanatics did! :lol: A nice bonus, with the ez/cheap 200 for that days ride it is a nice 1,204 points for $11!!(the previous poster forgot the 200 bonus points from the summer promotion so its even better!) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I was off -- by a factor of 10. I was figuring a lot more people on the NEC registering.

It was a total of 1004 for me because it was a one-way trip (100 minimum + 100 bonus + 804).

So if the math is correct, that means that 2488 AGR members registered and rode on that day.

Percentage-wise, that means that 0.12 percent of the 2 million AGR members registered and rode. I wonder how that compares with other travel reward programs.

You mean I was not the only one! :angry: I could have used 2,000,000 points! :lol:
But 804 is better than nothing! :cool:
Well Ill eat my crow (aka flat-iron crow cooked in wine sauce! :lol: ), Id predicted 400, guess not that many NE pax regeristed/rode that day which means that almost all of AUs train fanatics did! :lol: A nice bonus, with the ez/cheap 200 for that days ride it is a nice 1,204 points for $11!!(the previous poster forgot the 200 bonus points from the summer promotion so its even better!) :)
Well then, I don't feel so bad for spending so much to go from BWI to Balt and back, AND Lunch. (AND I was able to play hooky from work for a day, AND order a scanner, and pay for it with my Guest Rewards card..........)

You all have REALLY corrupted me...............

2MM Promotion Bonus Pts 804

09/09/2009 Bonus Summer Power Promo 09 Travel 300

09/09/2009 Bonus Summer Power Promo 09 Travel 300

So if the math is correct, that means that 2488 AGR members registered and rode on that day.
Percentage-wise, that means that 0.12 percent of the 2 million AGR members registered and rode. I wonder how that compares with other travel reward programs.
Is that "point-twelve percent" or 12%? Hmmm, I guess I *could* do the math myself,......... but why?

Here's a tip. DO NOT LET ME FIGURE OUT THE TIP, or SPLIT CHECK amount at dinner Saturday night. (or is it FRIDAY nite?)

Basically, if we wanted to express the percentage of AGR members that rode on the day in question, it would roughly be 1/804 (or 0.12 percent)

Basically, if we wanted to express the percentage of AGR members that rode on the day in question, it would roughly be 1/804 (or 0.12 percent)
How many of those are on this forum?
A significant percent I image. By significant, I mean higher than 1. Probably 2-3%.

EDIT: Maybe more depending on those members who never revealed that they registered/travelled.

Back