TUK parking problem

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AC4400

Lead Service Attendant
TUK added 40 Amtrak customer only overnight parking spaces early this year. Other spots in the station are for Sounder train commuters, and they are daytime only. From then on, I started parking on those spots for the last southbound Cascades train (509, 6:19pm) on Fridays and back on train 508 on Sundays.

I haven't had any problem in parking there until last Thursday when I decided to take 2:24pm train (507). I arrived at TUK parking lot around 2pm, but just found out that the entire lot is full and all Amtrak parking spots are occupied as well! So I had to drive to a nearby hotel and parked there for $12 per night, and almost missed my train.

I can't believe that the people who parked the cars on Amtrak spots are Amtrak passengers. Many of them might be commuters that couldn't find parking spots on Thursday morning. Although Amtrak spots are marked with clear signs, there is no enforcement.

Thanks for the advice!

I sent a mail to Amtrak but suddenly realized that the lot was managed by WSDOT!

BTW, I'm not the only one on Amtrak 507 who ended in parking in the Embassy Suites on Thursday, another man did the same thing!

That's a bummer. Sorry to hear that happened. My suggestion would be to send an email to the WSDOT Division of Rail ([email protected]) and Sound Transit ([email protected]) and let them know what happened. They might do some enforcement if they know it's a problem.

Thank you.

The board which shows track numbers is extremely needed, but not right now; All trains now stop on the west platform while the east platform is undergoing maintenance.

You may also want to contact All Aboard Washington. They have been pressing WSDOT, Amtrak and ST to make improvements at Tukwila, including the long-overdue signage showing which trains will be on which tracks.

Happens at ALX all the time. There is no enforcement and I've watched commuters park at the station at spaces clearly marked "For Amtrak Passengers Only" and then walk off to nearby offices. I've also heard it said by a fairly reliable source that employees at 60 Mass park there. It is also possible VRE passengers park there as well. Unfortunately I never rely on there being availability at the station. Fortunately my wife has a reserved space a couple of blocks away.

I guess it might be useful to add "$1,000 fine minimum for violators" under "Amtrak Passengers Only" sign.

Happens at ALX all the time. There is no enforcement and I've watched commuters park at the station at spaces clearly marked "For Amtrak Passengers Only" and then walk off to nearby offices. I've also heard it said by a fairly reliable source that employees at 60 Mass park there. It is also possible VRE passengers park there as well. Unfortunately I never rely on there being availability at the station. Fortunately my wife has a reserved space a couple of blocks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back